Click Here
PARENT  INFORMATION
9 October - 12 December 2017 View More

History

Sydney Adventist School Auburn commenced on July 18, 1917, at the back of the Auburn Seventh-day Adventist Church on Macquarie Road. It had one teacher, Mr W J Gilson, and 27 students. At that time, it was known as Auburn Seventh-day Adventist Primary School.

In 1919, the first school building was erected at the cost of 450 pounds. It was made of red brick and consisted of two rooms. In that same year, it merged with the new Seventh-day Adventist High School in Concord to offer a K—Year 10 curriculum. In 1920, a second teacher was added to the staff at Auburn.

Following the closure of the Concord high school at the end of 1921 due to insufficient resources, Auburn expanded its curriculum to include secondary grades to the Intermediate Certificate until a new high school was opened in Burwood in 1937. After the secondary students moved to the Burwood school, which later moved to Albert Road, Strathfield, Auburn reverted to a primary school once more and student numbers continued to grow.

In 1973 and then again in 1990, additional land in Macquarie Road was purchased to expand the school. On 16 December 1992, when the school completed 75 years of continuous operation, it had five teachers and 90 students. Major developments from 1994 to 1996 on the Macquarie Road site resulted in a brand new library and new set of classrooms. Over the next ten years, the school continued to grow, adding another teacher and reaching more than 100 students.

In 2007, the school was incorporated into Sydney Adventist College. This merger allowed the two campuses to offer a complete curriculum from Prep—Year 12. Years 5 and 6 students moved from the Auburn campus to the Strathfield campus to become part of a new middle school. The Auburn Campus of Sydney Adventist College became the junior school, offering a Prep—Year 4 curriculum.

At the end of 2012, the Strathfield campus of Sydney Adventist College closed after more than 75 years of continuous operation and the school at Auburn once again reverted to a primary school. It is now known as Sydney Adventist School Auburn and offers a complete Prep—Year 6 curriculum.